Friday 20 April 2012

Forever Man’s Muse

A couple of years ago October (I remember it very clearly) a fierce urge to write a book overcame me. This wasn't my first try, but this was the first time I was going to give it my all. I had been watching the movie, The Green Mile, with Tom Hanks and it really spoke to me. I wanted to be a healer like the gentle giant that had that gift in the story. At the time I had just lost two dear brothers to cancer and I was grieving their loss. And so I lost myself and buried my grief in writing a novel about a gifted healer named Ellie Hightower.

As her journey unfolded I began to heal. I was the character and I could do what she did for long stretches of time. It was pure freedom and so a series was born, The Forever Series, which appears to be never ending.

What has caused you to write the stories you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment