Thursday 4 October 2012

A Writer’s Journey


My personal journey into the awesome realm of writing truly began for me as a child. I thank my dear mother for reading to her brood pretty much nightly for my interest in the written word. In point of fact, I was so excited about discovering how to read I taught myself how to even before my first year of school!

And once I began writing there was no stopping the outpouring of words. I not only write novels, I write about the journey of creating each novel. Words have such power for me! And over me…

To date the journey of storytelling has led me to vampire lairs, to distant planets, to many exotic place right here on Earth and all have definitely increased my pleasure. I usually give my characters the lead, as they off-times know more than me about what they would or would not do! Another advantage of this style of writing is the journey is so fresh that I believe that freshness and passion comes across in the story.

Different species populate my novels. Vampire, Dhampyre, Angel-Fae, Fairies, Dragons—all have called my pages home. And all have enriched my life.

So thank you, Mom, for introducing me to stories read a chapter-a-night. It was the best gift a child could have!

Best, January Bain
Storyteller
Prologue
The murmur of voices was silenced in an instant by the ancient magistrate’s unearthly cold stare as he stood with full authority, blacked-hooded and paper-white, and read from the book of punishments, his voice heralding the full power of the Condita, the Vampire Establishment.
“It is our character and our will that makes and mars our lives. Your defense that you were not aware of the edict against Human feeding falters as it does not justify the excessive crime of random acts of terror against humans. Modern Vampire lore is clear on this point, as it is written.”
And with a short pause for emphasis, continued his diatribe in the echoing tone of an inhuman mountain of stone. The more astute members of his audience felt an infinitesimal flicker of his savoring the silence before his final pronouncement began.
“Therefore, it is the verdict of this court that the vampyre, Katrianna Ivanski, in absentia, for her crimes against the Condita, be chained for no less than twenty four hours to the punishment polus in the central courtyard of the templum. May the Confuto have mercy on your undead soul.”
Fondest Regards,

January Bain
STORYTELLER
Forever Man
Forever Woman
Forever Clan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment