Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Writing of Forever Woman


Writing Forever Woman was the kind of experience I can only wish all humans (and especially writers, of course!) could experience at some special time of their live. I found my full writing voice on this magical journey, discovered the richness of an alternate world, and, I won’t hesitant to say, began to envy vampires! 
 What’s not to like? You can to stay young and beautiful forever is you get to be made young; you can acquire great wealth with the full gift of time, you can recover easily from wounds that would smite down a human, and maybe best of all, you get to live with the love of your life forever—that is if you can find them!

That has been Christopher St. John’s, the antagonist’s problem in the novel, as he has lost his mate to betrayal and looks to find another. Well, you can’t just take another man’s love! But he tries and all hell breaks loose. Aidan Hightower, our hero, has his hands full trying to save his love, Winter Kennedy from herself as she has invited Christopher, the head of the Pharaoh Clan to make her a vampire. She has a good reason, but she changes her mind, a woman’s prerogative which the alpha vampire does not take kindly to at all!!!

One of the sparks behind Forever Woman was the revelation to me that if you could give the gift of eternal life to someone, why not chose someone worthy of the gift?! And so the characters that pepper my books are special people, saved for good reason. Winter is a gifted medical nurse with a talent for research and that makes her special to the Pharaoh Clan. Other members of the Clan have their historical gifts too and you will need to read, Forever Woman, to find out what they are!
Best,
January Bain /Storyteller / Forever Man / Forever Woman / Forever Clan
Tomorrow's Blog:
Its Hard To Be Human
 
 
A big thank you to Champagne Books for their belief in me! You do more good than you know.

Excerpt:

“Nice to see you again, Winter.”

The smooth voice of Christopher St. John sucked up all the air in the vehicle. The contrast to the last few days was too much and she was unable to make a connection to any other thought for a few paralyzing seconds. Her brain had shut down, overridden with apprehension and the beginnings of terror.

Finally she found her voice as the vampire appeared in the passenger seat in a blur of hazy movement, dumping her purse on the floor in the process.

“I…I didn’t expect to see you again.”

“Ah, but I am a man, or should I say, a vampire of my word.” His sardonic comment gave her an overwhelmingly queasy feeling.

“Things have changed. I don’t want to be a vampire. I’m getting married tomorrow.” She hated the pleading tone of her voice. She was too stunned by the sudden arrival of the creature and the words spilled out on their own violation.

“Yes, I am aware of your pathetic dabbling with the human. It’s all beneath you. You’re too fine for their world. A beauty like yours comes only once in a thousand years and needs to be preserved for all eternity. That is my quest; that is my service to the Lore.”

“No, no, I’ve changed my mind. I…”

“What you want is not of importance. You are confused—too human. You were meant to call me. As your new-age humans like to profess, nothing happens without a reason. I will help you see the truth and that is my final elucidation on this subject.”

The vampire’s eyes glittered in the lamplight as he placed his hands on each side of her face. She froze once more, her eyes huge, as he bent down and caressed her throat, the vein containing her life’s blood throbbing under the pressure of his cold fingers.

“I thought…I had a choice. That you would know by now that I had changed my mind.”

“Did you really believe that?” His unholy voice was now colored with patronizing overtones. “I gave you too much credit—I thought you were one of the more intelligent women of your species.”

His condescending words enraged Winter and she pulled away violently, only to be trapped in an instant by his inhuman strength as he pulled her close in the claustrophobic confines of the vehicle.

“The pain will only be momentary. Fighting it will only make it worse. Relax, hush, little one.” His voice was mesmerizing as he gathered her close and sunk his lips into her neck. A brief start of intense pain caused Winter to let out a moan and then she felt nothing, thought nothing, as the vampire stole the life force from within her and she lapsed into unconsciousness.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment